Few things are more frightening than unexpectedly finding yourself in need of an attorney. Some people are arrested for drunk driving and worry about the impact a conviction could have on their license. Other people wonder how their lives will change after divorce, and they want to make sure they have enough parenting time with their children.
Having questions and fear is normal, but an experienced lawyer can help you find the answers you need. At Caroline Ayres Law Office, that is exactly what we strive to do. We work with clients in Charlottesville and throughout Central and Northern Virginia in a variety of law matters, including:
- Criminal Defense: Attorney Caroline Ayres worked as a defense attorney, public defender, prosecutor and judge, so she understands criminal cases from every angle. We defend clients who are facing misdemeanor or felony charges at the state or federal level.
- Traffic Offenses and Drunk Driving: We defend clients who are facing charges for speeding, driving on a suspended license, reckless driving or driving with an unregistered vehicle. We also defend clients who were arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Violent Crimes and Drug Offenses: We work with clients to build a strong defense in violent crime cases, including murder, assault, burglaries and sex crimes. We also defend clients who are facing charges for possessing, selling, trafficking or manufacturing drugs.
- Family Law: We help clients address all the questions that arise during family law matters. Many people have questions about custody, property division, spousal support and protective orders. We can help ensure all your family law needs are met.
- Divorce: We represent clients in contested and uncontested divorces. We help ensure our clients receive a fair share of property during the property settlement and determine the grounds for divorce.
- Child Custody and Support: We help clients understand their parental rights and obligations in custody and support matters. We help clients determine whether sole or joint custody is most appropriate. Although child support is based on statutory guidelines, we can make sure it is accurately based on your income.
As a general practice firm, we offer clients the representation they need in whatever legal situations they are faced with. Learn more about the representation available by contacting our Charlottesville criminal law attorney. You can schedule your free initial consultation by contacting us online or by calling toll free (434) 983-3418.